USEFUL LINKS /
SOCIAL SHARE /
Share this blog post by rolling over the social networks below to share, like, tweet or pin.
Top European Movie Night Picks /
Here is a list of our favourite European movies to accompany a perfect Friday night with (or without) your date!
1. Amelie 2001 – Amelie is an innocent and naive girl in Paris with her own sense of justice. She decides to help those around her and, along the way, discovers love.
2. Life Is Beautiful 1997 – A Jewish man has a wonderful romance with the help of his humour, but must use that same quality to protect his son in a Nazi concentration camp.
3. Three Colours: Red 1994 – Final entry in a trilogy of films dealing with contemporary French society concerns a model who discovers her neighbour is keen on invading people’s privacy. ( we recommend watching white and blue first!)
4. Three Colours: Blue 1993 – A woman struggles to find a way to live her life after the death of her husband and child.
5. Leon: The Professional 1994 – Mathilda, a 12-year-old girl, is reluctantly taken in by Léon, a professional assassin, after her family is murdered. Léon and Mathilda form an unusual relationship, as she becomes his protégée and learns the assassin’s trade.
6. The Intouchables 2011 – After he becomes a quadriplegic from a paragliding accident, an aristocrat hires a young man from the projects to be his caregiver.
7. Cinema Paridisso 1988 – A filmmaker recalls his childhood, when he fell in love with the movies at his village’s theater and formed a deep friendship with the theater’s projectionist.
8. La Haine 1995 – After local youth Abdel is beaten unconscious by police, a riot ensues on his estate during which a policeman loses his gun. The gun is found by Vinz who threatens he will kill a cop if Abdel dies.
9. No Mans Land 2001 – Bosnia and Herzegovina during 1993 at the time of the heaviest fighting between the two warring sides. Two soldiers from opposing sides in the conflict, Nino and Ciki, become trapped in no man’s land, whilst a third soldier becomes a living booby trap.
10. Blue Is The Warmest Colour 2013 – Adele’s life is changed when she meets Emma, a young woman with blue hair, who will allow her to discover desire, to assert herself as a woman and as an adult. In front of others, Adele grows, seeks herself, loses herself and ultimately finds herself through love and loss.
HEAD OFFICE /
Suite 404/24-30 Springfield Ave
Potts Point, NSW 2011
Tel. 1800 88 999 1
205 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
We Operate Nationally
USEFUL LINKS /
CONNECT WITH US /